May 07, 2011

Cork Rodeo 2010 & Solo: Lost at Sea

A couple of short posts today to make up for the recent lack of content. None really big wave related. First up is the edit of all the footage I took at last years Cork Rodeo. I had almost 2hrs45mins of footage in total I would have had more but the camera wasn't rolling for the expert finals. Well here is the final edit with some Irish rap over it by RiRa (look him up). There is some footage audio that makes it onto the final edit after 3:30 (you'll definitely here it!), I don't know where exactly it is coming from at the moment but I'll try to remove it later and make another export. Enjoy!


The second video is the movie "Solo: Lost at Sea". Originally I read about Andrew McCauley in James Cartrission's book "Crossing the Ditch" and while I didn't forget about it, I just hadn't looked it up until I had a few pints with Mr. Paddy McGovern one night over here in Brisbane. Paddy is a couple of weeks away from setting out to paddle around Ireland. While not on a par with the Tasman Sea crossing it reminded me that I needed to look up Andrew's Story. This is a great movie despite its unfortunate end. I found it to be extremely moving and at times hard to fathom the depths of despair and isolation he must have encountered. It must have been tough for his family to decide to release the footage much more to allow it to be made into a movie but I'm sure it's what Andrew wanted. Andrew McCauley crossed the Tasman Sea in a kayak and drowned just 30miles off the New Zealand coast this is the story of his journey and end.

No comments:

Post a Comment